TB Control Program
PROJECT TITLE:TB Control Program
Project Background :
Tuberculosis (TB) is a major health problem in Bangladesh. Several Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) have been providing tuberculosis (TB) control services in Bangladesh for many years under a signed Sub-Agreement with the Directorate General of Health Services. The strategy of the programme is DOTS, in line with the current Stop TB Partnership strategy, several of these partners joined Coordination Mechanism (CCM) to draft a proposal to the GFATM for funding o achieving defined priority objectives for TB control in Bangladesh. This was accepted under the Round-10 TB SSF (Single Stream Funding) of GFATM proposal, under which also a PR-NGO was endorsed by the CCM. This Sub-Agreement defines the relationship agreement between the PR-NGO, who will receive fund from the GFATM via the Global Fund Trustee, The World Bank and Peach respective implementing NGO partner of NTP under the plan, to whom the PR-NGO will forward necessary funding according to budget and plan.
Duration of the Project:
This is a five-year project but primarily the agreement between BRAC and TMSS has been signed for a period from 01July, 2012 and remain valid till 30 June, 2015(Round-10 Phase-II) further periods under the consent of both parties in writing, if need arises because of extension or delay in GFATM funding and/or other sources.
Rajshahi Metropolitan city.
- Pursue high quality DOTS expansion and enhancement.
- Engage all care providers (PPM, ISTC).
- Empower people with TB and community.
- Develop human resources.
- Conduct orientation workshop with factory workers.
- Conduct orientation workshop with small private hospitals and clinics.
- Conduct orientation workshop for Non-Graduate Private Practitioners (PPs) of city corporation/district/upazilla.
- Conduct orientation workshop for Graduate Private Practitioners (PPs) of city corporation/district/upazilla.
- Conduct folk songs and popular theater.
- Continue observing World TB Day.
- Conduct monitoring, evaluation, supervision and management.
Health is the route of all happiness. A Healthy man is active man. So Health is an integral part of development. TMSS as per policy indents to provide Health care service to the beneficiaries and to the general people. Due to shortage of Health manpower TMSS has taken decision to produce skilled manpower through establishing medical educational institutes. Thus, it will reduce shortage of manpower and unemployment. Moreover, TMSS Health Sector has been implementing various health related programs/projects to improve health status of the country people.