Livelihood Skill Training (LST)
Constitution of Bangladesh safeguards the basic education in rights of every child. GOB is committed to preserve the rights of children through ratification and participation of different international convention and forum like UN Convention on the rights of the Child, ILO Conv. No. 182, World Conf. on EFA, Dakar Declaration, MDG, PRSP, etc.
Livelihood Skill Training Program is implemented by the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) and Bureau of Non- Formal Education (BNFE), Ministry of Primary and Mass Education, Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh. Assisted by UNICEF, CIDA & SIDA, Technical assistance provided by ILO, TMSS is one of the partners Organization for implementation of the program.
Financial Assistance By: Bureau of Non- Formal Education (BNFE)
Project Duration: 25/11/2011 to 31/12/ 2011
Working Area: Ward no. 17-35, 61, 62, 64, 70, 72, 74 of Dhaka city and Uttar khan, Dakkhin khan, Manda, Demra & Najirabag Union Parishad.
Activities of this non formal training arrangement under the project are highly appreciated by the Learner, Guardian, Local employer. By this project Non – Formal training venue reach their door. This methodology is very much effective for poor people’s skill development. And Skill development training session is on time, learner list from the authority is on time, guideline, direction & the other support is on time and the non formal attitude is highly appreciable.
- 200 learners enlisted for training program.
- 187 learner start their training
- 178 learners completed six months
- Training course successfully.
- 150 learners have got job and increased their income.
- Learners are feel proud for Identity Card.
- Learners can confidently present their skill for using of Log Book.
- Ensure daily payment of learners cash incentive.
- Manage the learners within 50 (daily food & transport) taka cash incentive.
- Long-Distance between training center & learner’s house.
- Parents Participation.
- Formal attitude for non formal skill training program.
178 Trainee successfully completed their six months training course (Trade- Industrial Sewing, Motor Cycle Service Mechanic, Electrical House Warring, Tiles Fitting). And 150 out of 178 (84%) trainee increase their income by the help of this project.