Coronary Care Services
The Project for the Expansion of Coronary Care Services in Rafatullah Community Hospital in Bogra Sadar
Funded by: Embassy of Japan, Dhaka.
Duration : March 29, 2015-31 March, 2016
Target Beneficiary: All classes of Patients with heart disease.Coronary Care Services
Operational Area: Bogra and Neighboring District
Manpower: Presently 23 staffs are working under this project among them graduate doctor 8, nurse 9 and technical staff 6.
Cardiovascular and Impaired lung diseases are one of the major health problems throughout the world. It is emerging as a serious health problem in Bangladesh and other developing countries. Amongst the heart diseases hypertension, rheumatic fever, rheumatic heart disease, ischemic heart diseases and congenital heart diseases are common. A large number of population lives in rural areas of our country. They and suffer from various types of cardiovascular diseases and can’t get good quality health care services at an affordable price due to poverty, illiteracy, disadvantageous situation. TMSS Rafatullah Community Hospital since its inception has been providing cardiovascular disease related treatments with a short range of service delivery capacity. The ascertained consequence is that a large number of cardiovascular disease patients in northern part of Bangladesh deprives from modern & quality treatments. To deal with the situation, TMSS has decided to expand Coronary Care Unit in Rafatullah Community Hospital through the financial/grant assistance of the Embassy of Japan. To materialize the long cherished dream of TMSS in providing good quality & modern effective health services to these critical patients a project titled “The Project for the Expansion of Coronary Care Services in Rafatullah Community Hospital in Bogra Sadar” was signed on March29, 2015 between TMSS Rafatullah Community Hospital & the Embassy of Japan in Bangladesh.
Provide good quality & modern treatment facilities to the patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases in northern region of Bangladesh and saves their valuable life.
Build up Rafatullah Community Hospital as an effective center for surgical treatment of critical patients & intends to provide tertiary health care services through the proposed project.
(a) Providing extended medical treatment facilities to patients with complete Heart Block, Six Sinus Syndrome, second degree Heart Block, Heart attack with M.I by setting Temporary Pace Maker and Road Traffic casualties (Orthopedic & Neurosurgery) with surgical management by the help of C-Arm Machine.
(b) Providing instant and adequate Breathing support & Medical Treatments by RCH-TMSS to (i) Patients with Impaired Lung function (ii) Post operative Management of Patients, Patients under general Anesthesia during surgery and (iii) Patients with breathing problems caused by other diseases.
(c) Reducing patient mortality and morbidity rate of coronary care, impaired luCoronary Care Services3ng condition and road traffic injury and casualty patients.
(d) Capacity & skill development of relevant Health Care Service delivery professionals of RCH-TMSS.
- Purchase & Procurement of 1 C-Arm, 10 Cardiac Beds, 3 Semi Cardiac Beds, 3 Temp Pace Maker Machines with 10 Temporary Lead.
- Skill development Training to project staff on O & M of C-Arm, Temp Pace Maker Machines, Temporary Lead, Cardiac bed & Patient.
- Health care related service delivery to patients.
- 600 Patients with Cardio vascular diseases and 300 patients with Road Traffic Injury are cured and become physically fit for initiating own productivity in 2015.
- 600 Patients with Cardio vascular diseases and 480 patients with Road Traffic Injury are cured and become physically fit for initiating own productivity in 2016.
- 600 Patients with Cardio vascular diseases and 500 patients with Road Traffic Injury are cured and become physically fit for initiating own productivity in 2017.
- 600 Patients with Cardio vascular diseases and 520 patients with Road Traffic Injury are cured and become physically fit for initiating own productivity in 2018.
- 600 Patients with Cardio vascular diseases and 540 patients with Road Traffic Injury are cured and become physically fit for initiating own productivity in 2019.
- A total of 5340 families are saved from loss of their relative’s lives/permanent disableness.
- According to the constitution of TMSS the Beneficiaries of all types of projects are selected based on needs and irrespective of political, religious, racial or ethnical identify.
- Morbidity and mortality rate of such critical patients will be reduced in Bogra district.
- The project will act as reinforcement to GoB initiatives to prevent Cardio vascular, RTI and Road Traffic casualty incidence and ensure immediate medical treatments to such critical patients in Bogra district at an affordable cost.
- This project will further create access to prompt and good quality life saving treatments for any CV, RTI and Road Traffic casualty patients of