Bangladesh Agri-Business Development Program (BADP)
PROJECT TITLE: Bangladesh Agri-Business Development Program (BADP)
Bangladesh Agribusiness Development Project is one of the important development projects of the Government of Bangladesh funded by ADB. Under Agriculture & Finance Ministry, Department of Agriculture Marketing is the implementing Agency of this project. TMSS has been implementing this project in the field level. This project, a pioneering initiative aimed at financial rural enterprises through TMSS. The project also focusing on working with the key public and private sector agencies to improve the enabling environment for agribusiness activities.
The Overall objective of the project is to reduce poverty by creating employment opportunity in rural and semi urban areas through increasing agribusiness activities.
Credit for Small Scale Agribusiness Enterprise
Technical and Marketing Support for Agribusiness Enterprise.
Achievement Up to December 2016:
Entrepreneurs Enrollment: 207660
Technical Assistance-Formal Training: 7479 persons
Counseling: 69310 persons
Credit disbursement: 16937998500
Employment Creation :Up to December 2016 TMSS has created employment of 3524425 person month under this project.
- Agribusiness Contribution to GDP increased. Up to June 2014. no. of 93192 small scale agribusiness started or expanded.
- About 19,02,724 person month employment already created.
- Women entrepreneurs of agribusiness are increasing. Up to June 2014 no. of 48459 women agribusiness entrepreneurs enrolled under this project.
- TMSS staff and officers are developing their skill about agribusiness lending. Up to June 2014 no. of 1238 officer of TMSS already trained about agribusiness credit operation.
- According to increase of public demand agribusiness lending are increasing.